Allthough I started out as an all round backline tech , I now mainly work as a mac technician , programming and running clicks , loops , timecode & software instruments for use on stage .
I own a basic setup (pictured below) that I often rent out to clients . It's a small & cost effective system with many advantages over a dedicated hardisk recorder (like fostex or alesis HD24 eg. )
- all tracks stay in musical bars , so it's easy to start from the 2nd chorus at rehearsals or soundcheck , or loop a section .
- vey easy to edit all tour long : want to extend the 2nd verse by 4 bars after sow 3 , or add another vocal count for the drummer : just give me a minute
- starts on cue like a snap . In some occasions the tracks get cued in in by free musical events , like a band member or conductor... 1,2,3,4 & go
- sends out MIDI data as well , like program changes for keys & guitar pedal boards , or time based controller data (tremolo's , filter sweeps , etc)
- easy to correct band mistakes on the fly : a singer comes in 4 bars early ? : no problem : forward the backup compuyer by 4 bars , switch over & bingo , we're back on track !
- everything stays digital from source to FOH , with audio being run over MADI
Off course I also do regular keyboard tech jobs , and feel at home with both hardware and software based setups (no vintage please) . Lately it seems everybody is switching over to Mainstage , and I've programmed several Mainstage rigs myself .
I do jobs as a stagemanager , crewchief backline for bigger productions , and also have experience as a drumtech (for Ricky Lawson) and as a guitartech .
If you want more information , or want to hire me and/or my setup , please feel free to contact me